Thursday, January 23, 2014

Nationwide's Vanishing Deductible Option - That's a lot of Benjamin's!

Happy Thursday to all of you!

I am sure all of you have seen this commercial by now....it is Nationwide's new "Benjamin's" campaign to promote vanishing deductible.  Since I write Nationwide Insurance (or, Allied Insurance which is the same company) and LOVE this feature, I thought I would explain it in more detail:



Vanishing Deductible provides an immediate $100 credit towards your deductible when selected.  So, for example, if your Comprehensive and Collision deductibles are $500 each, those deductibles automatically drop to $400 each when you elect Vanishing Deductible on your policy.  Then, with every year of safe driving, the deductibles decrease by $100.  So, instead of your deductible being $500 after 5 years of safe driving, it's $0!  That's a savings of over $1,000 over a 5 year period, which is unbeatable in the insurance world. 

Comprehensive and Collision coverage is required on at least one vehicle on the policy in order to elect Vanishing Deductible.  Also, the credit maximum is $500.  So, if you are interested in adding Vanishing Deductible to your quote, please be sure to elect $500 deductibles for Comp and Collision.  That way, once you have maxed out the credit, your deducitble will be $0 after 5 years of safe driving.

Nationwide also offers a policy feature called "Total Loss Deductible Waiver" which I will write about tomorrow.  If you have questions about Vanishing Deductible, or would like to see how much it could save you, please do not hesitiate to reach out.

Have a great day and please stay warm :)
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment